Saturday, December 26, 2009

26 December 2009 Fears and Hopes

Initial notes, spirit and heart opening wide. Though I had thought that I would do a lot of planning, having a complete program of activities, instead i have the basic outline of what I want to do and accomplish. First to observe, listen, absorb, breathe, and savor the complex pathos of Palestine.

For several years I had been writing a series of travel articles under the broad title of Geometry of Time. I had been in Venice, old Cairo, Prague, Taj Mahal, and other buildings and cities shaped by the slow conversation of time, from aeon to aeon, buildings and city created with an intention in the best plans, but a city that has soul, character, and life is one that is shaped by the passage of time and people.

Some cities are easier to see this, like Venice, where the hundreds of years have

Today, and for the past few days, the predominant emotion is a fear, not of travel or even death, but leaving before I've finished what I need to do and say. Some regrets over the vast amounts of time squandered in making a living, away from writing. Now at 55 a fairly good body of work, but not the complete scope of what I want to leave.

Yesterday with nieces and nephews, appreciating their growth as people, conner, annique, kenny, and jg. A poignant and whistful sense as I saw Annique in the years to come. As a mother and her transformation. Wanting to be witness first hand this change.

As with all travels, time to go to the train, on to NYC. Web in NYC on Park Avenue.

More of the whistfulness. A full month of travel. Yes initially, I hate to travel and then when I put my feet on the ground I am ready to roll.

Hopefully, time to chat tomorrow. Plane flight tonight to Paris, but not 2 0r 3 day layover. A perfect treat of Paris.

No comments: